Can You Recover Assets Stolen During Probate or From a Trust?
Articles,  Blog

Can You Recover Assets Stolen During Probate or From a Trust?

Can you recover items stolen during probate
or from a trust? Hi, I’m Reed Bloodworth, managing partner
of Bloodworth Law. We are now located at 801 North Magnolia Avenue, in Orlando, Florida.
And we have an office at 331 West Central Avenue, Suite 244, in Winter Haven, Florida. Today I’m going to talk about some of the
immediate legal actions that can be taken when someone is alleged to have misappropriated
or stolen assets during probate or from a trust. If you were a named beneficiary in a will
or a trust, but the promised assets were taken by someone else, or not distributed properly
pursuant to a will or trust, move quickly on your suspicions. Yes, you can take action to try to recover
those assets, but do not wait. You should immediately call an attorney. In Florida, you must contest a will while
in probate within the specified timeframe, or claims are forever barred. There are inflexible
deadlines between 20 and 90 days that must be met. Talk to a probate litigation attorney
right away. If you believe there is theft or misappropriation
from a trust, you should also quickly speak with a trust litigation attorney. In order
to try to get the assets back, formal legal actions through the courts should be instituted
by an attorney. A formal legal investigation, forensic accounting,
and accounting actions must be requested. The quicker you act, the more likely some
of the stolen assets may be recovered. However, there is no promise or certainty
of getting assets returned. This is true of any case of alleged theft. Move forward and
act on your suspicions, or any proof that you have of wrongdoing by hiring a probate
litigation or trust litigation attorney. Probate and trust litigation may involve someone
who is a personal representative or a trustee who improperly takes possession of property,
assets, or who invests assets to the detriment of beneficiaries of a trust. Don’t be patient if you have requested documentation
from a personal representative or a trustee. There are Florida laws governing and guiding
their roles to protect beneficiaries. If there is no information provided, or no
communication from the personal representative or trustee, then call a probate or trust litigation
attorney. Hire an attorney with good reviews and reputation,
strong ratings, and one who returns your phone calls. Talk with several lawyers to find one
who you feel will best handle your case. Again, I’m Reed Bloodworth, the managing
partner of Bloodworth Law in Orlando and Winter Haven. If you have questions about probate
or trust litigation, give me a call. Let’s talk about how Bloodworth Law can help you,
your family, or your business.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *